tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Riaan Oberholzer <riaanoberhol...@yahoo.com>
Subject java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:08:50 GMT
I cannot seem to set up a datasource correctly. I get
the "java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver
class 'null'" exception. I have read numerous threads
with things to check, but still get it. I deploy my
application using ant and the catalina-ant.jar.

I have the mysql jar in the /common/lib directory
The server.xml is setup correctly (url, driverclass,
etc)
So is the web.xml

I have checked and double checked, no luck. If someone
who posted this earlier and eventually got it fixed
can maybe send me a step-by-step solution or things to
look for, I would appreciate it.

Why can't I set up a general datasource that can be
used by all applications and does not need to be
configured in the web.xml? And why should I configure
the datasource in server.xml and not the admin console?