tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <madhom...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: newbie - program structure
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:50:51 GMT
I see, thanks, very enlightning.

ok, so I want to create my own directory for my
applications as a root and then have my apps under
here.

I set this up in my server.xml file first correct?
then I can reference this in the workers2.properties.

I notice that the workers2.properties can be changed
on the fly, can the server.xml? (I am unwilling to try
due to potential issues. but it seems to state that
each app should have it's own entry in the server.xml
file? surely you should not need to restart the server
to add an application in?

so I am looking at server.xml and I see the examples
bit set up, but it is a little confusing

I see this ->

Define properties for each web application.  This is
only needed if you want to set non-default properties,
or have web application document roots in places other
than the virtual host's appBase directory.

I see the examples section in there BUT what is the
best way to add my application ROOT?

thanks

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/index.html