tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paridhi Bansal" <paridhiban...@mail.com>
Subject Re: unable to start tomcat4.1.24
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:19:02 GMT

Thanx it worked..i installed j2sdk. and gave tyhat as JAVA_HOME and it  worked..but i wanted
to know why this version of tomcat requires jsdk and not j2re while earlier tomcat was working
fine with j2re only..

Paridhi
----- Original Message -----
From: Antonio_Fiol_BonnĂ­n <fiol.bonnin@terra.es>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:27:58 +0200
To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: unable to start tomcat4.1.24

> Paridhi Bansal wrote:
>
> >hi all!
> >
> >i was earlier using tomcat4.0.6...because of better performance and stability in
4.1.24, i am planning to upgrade to tomcat4.1.24...but on installing that from *.zip file
, when i try to run startup.sh, it give me the error
> >The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
> >This environment variable is needed to run this program
> >
> >My JAVA_HOME variable is same as it was in tomcat4.0.6 and that was working very
fine..i tried removing 4.1.24 and reinstalling 4.0.6.It works fine then..What can be the problem???

> I don't know 4.0.6, but please make sure that your JAVA_HOME is defined
>
> echo $JAVA_HOME
>
> should output a directory name.
>
> Make sure it exists, and contains a JDK. I believe that a JRE is not enough.
>
> If it is not set, you can do (on bash):
>
> export JAVA_HOME=/right/path/to/your/j2sdk1.4/
>
> And then you launch startup.sh as usual.
>
> Antonio Fiol
<< smime.p7s >>

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers