tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <madhom...@yahoo.com>
Subject tomact shutdown issue
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:46:05 GMT
tomcat 4.1.24
redhat 7.3
apache 1.3.20
jdk j2sdk1.4.1_02

tomcat is installed and is runnable

when I try to close down using either the shutdown or
the redhat shutdown script I get the error given
below, now I have spent time searching and looking int
he archive and see this is produced when tomcat is not
running and is shutdown already, however this is not
true in my case, if I do a ps auwx, I am still showing
it running. The amazing thing is that sometimes it
does shutdown, but it takes a few tries. ODD

Please help

PS I am a tomcat newbie so if you need any listings of
files please let me know

Thanks

shutdown error
--------------
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /var/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /var/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /var/tomcat4/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_02
Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Unknown
Source)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Unknown
Source)