tomcat-users mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@einsurance.de>
Subject Re: Question regarding "tomcat-apache.conf" file.
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:20:02 GMT
On Monday 16 June 2003 14:56, John Turner wrote:
> No, its saying that the wrong (incompatible) .so file is being used.
>
> Apache 1.3.6 is ancient...I doubt any of the JK sources will work
> with it, and there have been 21 revisions to the 1.3 source since
> (currently at 1.3.27).  If "1.3.6" isn't a typo, you should first and
> foremost upgrade your Apache.  If you can't upgrade for some reason,
> you will have to build your own mod_jk from source, and my guess is
> it won't be easy.

i'm using Apache 1.3.x (.27 at the moment), and never had any problems
building mod_jk until ~1.2.3pre. Eventually i was able to build that
and 1.2.4, but had to jump through some hoops to do so.

In the hope that they may save someone some effort, i've posted some
mod_jk bins for Solaris 8:

http://stephan.rootonfire.org/mod_jk/

a few moments ago i added a 1.2.2 and a 1.2.3pre-ish version.
These bins are only known to work with Apache 1.3.27.

--
----- stephan
The Guy With No Job Title