tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sriram N <sriramx_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Classpath problem with Tomcat running in Embedded mode
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:38:56 GMT
Hi,

If you're calling Bootstrap.main(), please also have a look at the source code
within Bootstrap.

You'll find that Bootstrap just sets the ground for the Catalina classes...It
creates a classloader hierarchy, with classloaders for classes visible to just
Catalina, and for visibility between both Catalina and Webapps. Each webapp has
a classloader to itself.

What you should do instead is have a look at how Embedded works, and do
something like that yourself. This may not be the intended approach behind
supplying Embedded, but this is how I've bundled Tomcat 4.0.1 for a Swing based
app I had to once develop.

-- Sriram