tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Manohar Kamath <manoharu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat - Sleeps
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:25:24 GMT
Hello,
May be you are holding the server console by selection some lines og logged event

and once you press ctrl S than it releases.

So if you wont hold the server console screen than server wont sleep  ;)

Manohar Kamath

Vijay Pawar <vspawar@orgltd.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am using jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18 on a windows 2000 professional system.

Now whenever my jsp pages or servlets throw any expection usually while
accessing a database etc, then tomcat goes in a kind of sleep mode.

It is not being able to commit the response to the output stream and my
browser goes in hang mode for a long time.

Now, if i press Ctrl-S in the tomcat window, then all of a sudden it
prints all the exceptions on the screen.

Later on if i open any other page then it does not open and i have to keep
on doing ctrl-S on the tomcat window to get tomcat to flush the pages.

I have installed tomcat on 3 different machines running win2000 and have
noticed the same problem in all.

I any one has encountered such a problem and has found a solution then let
me know.

Thanks in advance,
vijay