tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ColinB <c...@yahoo.com>
Subject Modified ROOT
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:08:41 GMT
As I understand it, at first startup the Tomcat server expands the
ROOT.war file in the webapps directory.

But I need to modify a file that is within the expanded (default) ROOT
archive and also add a new file. I could probably do this by manually
expanding the ROOT.war and then modify/adding the files, but this needs
to happen automatically in a general installation script.

Would it be possible to add my own war file containing only the
new/modified files to the webapps directory, and have Tomcat expand
ROOT.war and then expand myfiles.war to overwrite the required files in
the ROOT directory?

Or is there a cleaner way to do this?

Thanks

Colin