tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Swaminathan Gurumoorthy <swamiolym...@yahoo.com>
Subject issues with war file deployment
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 19:12:12 GMT
I am using Tomcat 4.1.18 to run my Struts 1.1 app.

I am using a configuartion file appname.xml  in the "webapps" folder to deploy the application
along with a appname.war file.

Now the "Server Configuration Reference" of Tomcat has thie literature for Automatic application
deployment.
"
<----

Any XML file in the directory defined by appBase (Application Base directory) is assumed to
contain a Context element (and its associated subelements) for a single web application. The
docBase attribute of this <Context> element will typically be the absolute pathname
to a web applicationd directory, or the absolute pathname of a web application archive (WAR)
file (which will not be expanded).

----->"

True to the reference my war file does not expand. But I am having a problem when using

servlet.getServletContext().getRealPath( "/" ) in one of my startup servlets.

This is returning null and so the app fails to load.

Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks