tomcat-users mailing list archives

From srinivasan sriram <ssra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Increasing Tomcat JVM setting with Tomcat in service
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 06:07:21 GMT
Hi Shankar,

Check whether the port for the tomcat is available and not used by any other application.
Normally tomcat operates on 8081 port. If this is not available tomcat will not start. So
check this out and if the port is not available change the port number and try.

shankar <shankar@commercedc.com.my> wrote:
Hi,

I tried to install the Tomcat 4.1 in windows NT and while starting it stops
at this point.

E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\bin>startup
Using CATALINA_BASE: ..
Using CATALINA_HOME: ..
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: ..\temp
Using JAVA_HOME: c:\jdk1.2.2
E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\bin>

My jdk version is 1.2.2 as you can see that. Can U let me know as what is
missing in the setup.

I have installed the tomcat-4.1.24.exe which is meant for windows NT.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
shankar