tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hollerman Geralyn M" <gmh2...@louisiana.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat problems every morning.
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 02:07:18 GMT
On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 18:14:05 -0700, Hemendra Rana wrote
> Are you using mysql database on the backend too. Someone here
> pointed out that by default, mysql driver times out after every 8
> hours. I still needs to verify whether that is the cause of my
> problem though. Will let you know of my finds.

Why, yes, I am. And I thought perhaps MySQL was the problem - but I was told
by some people using Oracle and PostgreSQL databases that they'd seen the
problem as well. I tried putting in some code to set the driver time-out
value, but evidently I didn't do it correctly, as the problem persisted. I
don't see the error with versions of Tomcat previous to 4.1.x, tho.

Lynn Hollerman.