tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Efting <designquesti...@yahoo.com>
Subject -Xincgc, -Xms600, -Xmx600
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 13:36:01 GMT
Hi,
Recently my tomcat (jvm rather) 4 server started running at 100% CPU utilization and not service
any request for long periods of time. This must be due to the JVM doing garbase collection.

I modified my system register appropriatly and but a few days later (when memory consuption
hit 600MB) tomcat started acting funny again.

Here is what I did to modify my register:
1. Stop "Apache Tomcat" service
2. Stop "Apache" service.
3. Modify/Add registry keys.
4. Start "Apache Tomcat" service
5. Start "Apache" service

Please not that I did not restart the entire box.

Platform:
Windows 2000 Server SP3
Tomcat 4
1GB Physical RAM

I cannot see any change I the servers behaviour since I modifeid the registry. What would
you suggest I do to test my new settings and ensure that incremental garbage collection is
happening?

Thanks
Jason