tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregory, Carlton" <>
Subject JDBC Pooling Clarification
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:21:41 GMT

After googling to countless pages on connection pooling I figured I should
ask the list for some clarification.

According to this doc:

DBCP is what Tomcat uses to perform connection pooling.

         Question 1. This package is used REGARDLESS of what database you
are using?

         Question 2. If DBCP does not have to be used then I could use
Oracles connection pooling AND connection cache?

         Question 3. Is DBCP apart of JNDI?

         Question 4. Is it possible to have multiple users use the SAME
connection pool, and in my respect with Oracle a connection cache?

Im using Oracel
 omcat 4.1.24
Apache 2.0.45
Win2k Pro