tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nick Stuart <nstu...@cs.usm.maine.edu>
Subject RE: Admin app not working..
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:00:18 GMT
Ok, but I'm assuming I'm using GNU tar as I'm running Mdk Linux. So I
don't have Solaris or OS X so it shouldn't be an issue.
And straight from the MAN pages:
tar - The GNU version of the tar archiving utility

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 10:53, Roberts, Eric wrote:
> On the main Tomcat distribution site it states:
>
> NOTE: The tar files in this distribution use GNU tar extensions, and must be untarred
with a GNU compatible version of tar. The version of tar on Solaris and Mac OS X will not
work with these files.

> We have also on this list noted other OS's that this applies to (HP for definite).
>
> This warning does not appear on mirror sites!
>
> The admin app is particularly susceptible to this.
>
> Rgeards
>
> eric

Windows to Unix improperly.