tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Duma Rolando" <>
Subject SSL client authentication with IE 6.0
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 14:31:16 GMT
I'm running Tomcat 4.1.24 standalone with SSL client authentication
enabled.Internet Explorer 6.0 when I try to access the server pops up a
window that ask me which certificate will be used for client authentication,
but the list of certificates is empty!
I've tested my browser on apache with mod_ssl and client authentication, and
IE pops up the same window but in this case my personal certificate is
This is the only tomcat connector configured on my PC.

               enableLookups="true" acceptCount="100" debug="0"
scheme="https" secure="true"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" >
               clientAuth="true" protocol="TLS"
Thanks for your help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: