tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Florian G. Haas" <florian.h...@hico.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1.18 won't reload deleted and re-created JSP pages, returns 404 error though JSP is there
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:19:31 GMT
Hello,

forgive my intrusion, it's usually not my style to start posting to a list I haven't previously
lurked on for a while. This issue baffles me, though, and I haven't been able to find any
information to even give me the feeling of heading in the right direction.

Using Tomcat 4.1.18 on a Red Hat Linux 7.2 box with JDK 1.3.1_06, JSP pages on the system
are created and deleted automagically by a CMS. When the CMS deletes a previously published
JSP, attempting to access that document of course results in a 404 error. Re-publishing the
same document, however, doesn't change the situation at all; Tomcat still issues the 404 even
though the JSP is again there. Jasper never seems to pick up the JSP; the .java and .class
files in the work folder are never updated. The only current way of being able to access the
file again is to restart Tomcat.

The default Jasper settings in the global web.xml are unchanged, the "development" init-param
is set to true. The webapp's Context has reloadable="true", its Host has autoDeploy="true"
and liveDeploy="true". The file is owned by the Tomcat user and has a mode of 0664.

The problem applies regardless of whether the document is accessed through a Tomcat standalone
connector or via Apache and mod_jk2.

Any clues will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance,
Florian

--
Florian G. Haas

hico .:. Informations- und Kommunikations- Management Ges.m.b.H.
TechLab .:. Thomas A. Edison Str. 2
A-7000 Eisenstadt .:. Austria
Phone: +43 (2682) 704 6141
Cellular: +43 (664) 410 2703