tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Val T." <vto...@realityclick.com>
Subject Can I set up 2 realms for the same server so I can access 2 databases
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:40:14 GMT
Hi,

I've got two sites set up on one server, and I am trying to set up security
for each of them.  They use 2 different databases.  Is it possible to set
things up in the server.xml the way I have below, or do I have to put all
users in the same database?  I can't find anything on the Web that deals
with this issue.

<Realm roleNameCol="RoleID" userCredCol="Password"
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
              userTable="tblUSERS" debug="99"
          userRoleTable="tblUSERROLES" userNameCol="Username"

connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/DB1?user=MyName&amp;password=MyPW"
             driverName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />

  <Realm roleNameCol="RoleID" userCredCol="Password"
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
              userTable="tblUSERS" debug="99"
          userRoleTable="tblUSERROLES" userNameCol="Username"

connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/DB2?user=MyName&amp;password=MyPW"
             driverName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />

Thank you for any help.

Val