tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Owens" <j...@payrollnw.com>
Subject Mod_jk, ssl, java, and certificates question
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 23:28:50 GMT
I have a system setup running the Apache Web Server with a self-generated SSL Certificate for
using Https.  I have another system setup running Tomcat.  I have successfully connected them
using mod_jk (which is great!).

I have a servlet application running and am adding another, but the second one is a little
different.  Basically its a swing client that will run on client's computers and transmit
data to a servlet running under Tomcat.  I've tested it with HTTP, but am now ready to move
to HTTPS and am having some problems and confusion.

Question:  Does my client software have to deal with Tomcat and SSL, or just the Apache Web
Server SSL?

If anyone uses/has used a setup similar to this, please reply.

Thanks very much,
Jeff Owens