tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anna" <simo...@sturak.sk>
Subject RE: ClassCastException
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:24:42 GMT
i need to do some kind of dynamic plugin managment ... i retrieve files from directory .. and
extract names ... after that i use these names to load classes dynamicaly ...

i catched article what did you post ... but i have some problems with this ... could you plz
explain me how i can set my "classloader's parent to the current classloader"

Anna

  you need to set your classloader's parent to the current classloader. Have you reviewed
Tomcat's classloader document so that you understand how tomcat works before trying to load
your own classes?

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html

  Is there a reason to do this as opposed to moving your classes into tomcat's WEB-INF directory?
I wouldn't do this if you are just trying to avoid copying your files to tomcat's directory
from your network drive.

  Charlie