tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lee Peik Feng" <pf...@syabas.com>
Subject CD Drive as webapps (EmbeddedTomcat)
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:38:19 GMT
Hi,
    I would like to set my CD Rom drive as one of my webapps.

    When I run tomcat with normal installation with below setting in
server.xml (my CD Rom drive is F:\ and the content of the CD is MP3 files)
    <Context path="/music" docBase="F:/" debug="0"/>
    I could create the webapps and get my mp3 songs link correctly.

    However, when I use EmbeddedTomcat with reference to O'Reily website, I
couldn't create the webapps.

    The error occur in org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install
    (at line 260 from tomcat 4.1.24 source)

        if (appBase.getCanonicalPath().equals(baseDir.getCanonicalPath())) {
            isAppBase = true;
        }

    baseDir.getCanonicalPath() will give a null pointer exception if baseDir
is a drive name, eg: C:/

    How could I solve this problem? Any clue for me?

Regards,
Peik Feng