tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Graham Reeds" <grah...@omnieng.co.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat bug? WinXp, IE6, Tomcat 4.1.24, JSPTags
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 11:24:21 GMT

> > root cause
> > javax.servlet.ServletException
> >  at
> > org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(Page
> > ContextImp
> > l.java:536)
> >  at org.apache.jsp.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:90)
>
> What's your page doing at line 90 of the generated servlet login_jsp.java?
>
> This can be found in the work directory

86:    } catch (Throwable t) {
87:      out = _jspx_out;
88:      if (out != null && out.getBufferSize() != 0)
89:        out.clearBuffer();
90:      if (pageContext != null) pageContext.handlePageException(t);
91:    } finally {
92:      if (_jspxFactory != null)
_jspxFactory.releasePageContext(pageContext);
93:    }
94:  }

At line 103 though I spotted this:
103:    _jspx_th_siteTags_header_0.setpageTitle("Server Administration");

which is trying to access the setpageTitle() and not setPageTitle(), which
brings me back to the point is this standard practice?  I have semi-reliable
information to the contary; apparently other JSP engines use the
setPageTitle() method.

--

Graham Reeds,
grahamr@omnieng.co.uk | http://omnieng.co.uk