tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ <Jose.Eucli...@rj.previdenciasocial.gov.br>
Subject RES: How SessionID works?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 20:14:06 GMT
Hi,
this is my doubt too !! So,  should i always create a cookie? What should i
do if i just need to avoid direct http request and know where (original URL)
the http request came from?
Thanks,
Euclides.

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Enviada em: terca-feira, 3 de junho de 2003 16:01
Para: Tomcat Users List; Billy Ng
Assunto: RE: How SessionID works?

Howdy,
If your browser will not allow cookies, tomcat will add the jsessionid
to the URL.  See the Servlet Specification, v2.3, SRV.7.1.3 for details.

If your browser does accept cookies, tomcat just uses the normal,
standard HTTP cookies mechanism.  Per the spec, the cookie name must be
JSESSIONID.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

sender.  Thank you.