tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Lipofsky" <dan...@nuserve.com>
Subject Re: directory list
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:51:49 GMT

> If I don't use apache at all, how do I disable directory listing in
Tomcat?

Depends on the version of tomcat.  Someone already gave the TC4 answer.
For TC3 set the suppress flag in server.xml

        <!-- "default" handler - static files and dirs.  Set the
             "suppress" property to "true" to suppress directory listings
             when no welcome file is present.

             NOTE:  This setting applies to *all* web applications that
             are running in this instance of Tomcat.
          -->
        <RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.StaticInterceptor"
            debug="0" suppress="true" />

- Dan