tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dominic Parry" <...@rucus.ru.ac.za>
Subject Tomcat destoying beans
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 09:00:22 GMT
Hi

After I call a servlet that accesses two beans created in a jsp, the beans seem to have been
destroyed.

They are created like this:

<%@ page import="beans.*"%>
<jsp:useBean id="authBean" scope="session" class="beans.UserAuth"/>
<jsp:useBean id="dataBean" scope="session" class="beans.DataBean"/>

this page then response.sendRedirect("MyServlet");

code in MyServlet:

 session = req.getSession();
 UserAuth authBean = (beans.UserAuth) session.getAttribute("authBean");
 DataBean dataBean = (beans.DataBean) session.getAttribute("dataBean");

I am able to access these beans in the servlet, but once it has finished execution, they seem
to have been garbage collected!

What am I missing?!

Thanks

Dom