tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Curwen" <mi...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: possibly off topic: workers2.properties question
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:40:09 GMT
Ah, I think the lightbulb just went off.  I think I can do this?

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>EditObjectServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/foo/editobject/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>ReportServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/foo/reports/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>LoginServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/foo/login/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Of course, right now I don't have the '/foo' in any of my url-patterns.
But if I put 'foo' there, I can ask the jkMount to map to 'foo'. Of
course, 'foo' is anything you want.  In this case, would I have to mount
to /foo/*  , as oppposed to just plain /foo* ?

Or make it easier than that, and as you suggest, prepend a token to the
servletname like:

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>LoginServlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/serLogin/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

and map jkmount to /ser*   ?