tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Lanpher" <jlanp...@stealthnetworking.com>
Subject Tomcat JDBC problem
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:08:20 GMT
Hi all,

	I am having a problem making the MySQL JDBC driver version 3
work with Tomcat correctly.  I had previously used MySQL JDBC driver
version 1 and developed a couple of programs to access my MySQL
database.  The programs worked just fine with this version of the
driver.  When I went to upgrade to the newest version of the MySQL JDBC
driver I get errors in my programs saying there is an error before the
beginning of the result set.  I am wondering if I am not installing the
driver correctly.  All I did for the JDBC driver version 1 was to place
the jar file in CATALINA_HOME/common/lib  I also made a CLASSPATH
variable and referenced the package.  Since this worked I thought the it
should still work for the JDBC driver version 3.  But for some reason it
does not.

	Does anybody have any experience setting up JDBC driver 2 or 3
for MySQL that could give me a few tips on installation.

Thanks in advance,

Jason Lanpher

jlanpher@stealthnetworking.com

http://www.stealthnetworking.com