tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allen Byington" <qab...@cox.net>
Subject Stability under HP-UX
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:27:17 GMT
Tomcat freezes after an indeterminate amount of time.  It just stops responding to requests.
 Doesn't time out and the process doesn't stop.  I've done everything that I can think of
to stabilize this and was hoping someone had had a similar problem with stability under hp-ux.
 I've altered the amount of memory that java is starting with up to 256MB and there was no
change.  When the process hangs, it is truly hosed and can't be killed with anything other
than a kill -9.  The kill -3 to force a coredump doesn't seem to do anything at all and it
stops writing to the logs long before I get to kill it so there isn't an error message of
any kind.  I'm desperate and looking for ideas.  Any help that anyone could give would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Allen Byington
qaball@cox.net