tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andoni" <and...@indigo.ie>
Subject Precompiling JSPs
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:25:15 GMT
Hello,

I have a build.cmd file that I have had and modified for every project I've done for years.
 I should probably go learn ANT or some other build technique but for now I want to do this
the command line way.  I'm not even sure if ANT will do what I want.

I want to have my .jsp files made into .java files (easy) then compiled into .class files
(hard) before starting my Tomcat.  That way I can see any syntax errors in my .jsp files.

If I do this at the moment I get a load of errors where one JSP which is included in another
uses variables which are only declared in the major one.

Is there a way to compile the .java files the way Tomcat does (which takes account of included
.jsp's)?

Does ANT create .class files?

Thanks in advance.

Andoni.