tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Suraj Berwal" <suraj.ber...@bhartitelesoft.com>
Subject Re: Cookie handling in IE6 and session handling of tomcat 4.1.24
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2003 04:51:13 GMT

Dear Tim,
    thanks for your reply. well I have checked the genearted java code for my jsp page. I
see no instance variables being declared there only local varaiables. the variables we have
defined are also being declared locally inside the doservice() method. however i would like
to point out that this problem is occuring only in the internal network of the client. whenever
we access that site from our end through the web no such problem is encountered.
  can you please give some more inputs on any other aspect I might have missed out.

thanks & regards,
suraj b.

From: Tim Funk
Subject: Re: Cookie handling in IE6 and session handling of tomcat 4.1.24
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:45:35 -0700

The scenario I described was different. There is some version of IE that does not send cookies
of the smae name in the correct order. This messes up session handling.

Your issue is different since there are not seperate webapps but users seeing each other session
data. There have been many discussions about tomcat handing out duplicate session ids and
tomcat swapping user sessions. For the most part - i never recalled any real issue with tomcat
on any of these complaints. It usually turned out being a coding issue - such as a concurrency
issue because a servlet or JSP used class instance variables instead of local variables.

-Tim

Suraj Berwal wrote:
dear tim,
   i am facing a similar problem with my clients on IE6.0 regarding the session
handling using tomcat 4.1.24. Actually the data is getting swapped for users there.
can you please elaborate on the info you have posted about cookie problem in IE and
how it can affect the session handling in tomcat. i have a singlw webapp and the
tomcat is running on Standalone mode.

re,
suraj berwal