tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "brainSucka" <brainsu...@gmx.de>
Subject TomCat and WebSphere as EJB container
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:21:26 GMT
Hi All!

I got a pretty small and hopfull easy question (for you).

I need to use Tomcat with WebSphere Application Server Enterprise Edition.
The WASE should be EJB-Container for my WebApp.

The problem is, that i dont find any good documentation, how to use Remote
EJBs in Tomcat. In added some lines in web.xml and server.xml, but EJBs
still
seem not to work. Code snippet from web.xml:

<ejb-ref id="EjbRef_1">
    <ejb-ref-name>ejb/EJBHome</ejb-ref-name>
    <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
   <home>myapp.EJBHome</home>
    <remote>myapp.EJB</remote>
  </ejb-ref>

and form server.xml

<Ejb name="ejb/EJBHome"
        type="Session"
        home="myapp.EJBHome"
        remote="myapp.EJB"/>

    <ResourceParams name="ejb/EJBHome">
        <parameter>
           <name>java.naming.factory.initial</name>

<value>com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory</value>
        </parameter>
        <parameter>
            <name>java.naming.security.principal</name>
            <value>myadmin</value>
        </parameter>
        <parameter>
            <name>java.naming.security.credentials</name>
            <value>mypassword</value>
        </parameter>
        <parameter>
            <name>java.naming.provider.url</name>
            <value>iiop://localhost:2809</value>
        </parameter>
    </ResourceParams>

Im not sure how to authanticate TomCat vs. WebSphere. How to activate
security in TomCat (ativated in Websphere)???

Hope there is someone out there who can help me :-)

AND: how can i "route" container based security from TomCat to WebSphere?
Usually one has to
authanticate via BASE-HTTP auth. vs. WebSphere container, but i have to use
TC now

Any suggestion ?