tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Hayes" <ma...@col.com.hk>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.1.24 + sdk 1.4.1_03 + Win 2000
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:12:50 GMT
I tried two suggestions (don't use LFN's. Comment out MBeans support) but
symptom persists. See env var settings below.  I have not made any changes
to jar's in the endorsed directory.

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\bin>catalina run
Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Progra~1\Apache~1\Tomcat~1.1
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Progra~1\Apache~1\Tomcat~1.1
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Progra~1\Apache~1\Tomcat~1.1\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\j2sdk1~1.1_0
Jun 25, 2003 9:28:55 AM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester startElement
SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer

Installation Directories:
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\bin
C:\j2sdk1.4.1_03

Env Var's:
CATALINA_HOME=C:\Progra~1\Apache~1\Tomcat~1.1
JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1~1.1_0

I too am getting an uneasy feeling that Windows (registry?) is confused.  I
tried all this on another machine at home and it worked OK.  If I recall, I
may have installed the TC 1.4.1_03 exe before uninstalling the TC 4.0.1 exe.
I have since uninstalled all TC installs and installed only the TC 1.4.1_03
exe.  I have looked threw the Win registry for things that might be out of
wack, but most of the entries seem rather benign.
Pray tell this does not require a windows reinstall.