tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Hayes" <ma...@col.com.hk>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.1.24 + sdk 1.4.1_03 + Win 2000
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:34:43 GMT
Guus -
The reason I am using "catalina run" is so I can see the error messages.  If
an error occurs after invoking with startup, the window closes, thus, it is
not possible to see the error.  This particular error occurs before TC gets
a chance to write anything to the log.

-----Original Message-----
From: Guus Holshuijsen [mailto:guus.holshuijsen@videtur.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 3:22 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: tomcat 4.1.24 + sdk 1.4.1_03 + Win 2000

Mark,

Is there a reason why you are not using startup.bat? (instead of catalina
run).

The configuration that you describe works like a charm for me! I did have a
ClassNotFoundException when I was running Tomcat v4.0.1 (Tomcat v4.0.3, and
Tomcat 4.1.24), J2SDK1.4.0_01 on W2000 (and RedHat Linux 8.0), but all this
was solved when I installed J2SDK v1.4.1_03.

The only thing that you do that seems to differ from my setup is that I use
startup.bat and shutdown.bat instead of catalina run.

Regards,
Guus