tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "marco villarreal" <marcovillarr...@intech.com.mx>
Subject tomcat administration/manager
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 03:39:07 GMT
Hello,

I am new using TomCat, but willing to learn about it,
I think I have succesfully install it, ver 5 on Windows XP Home.
The http://localhost:8080/ works fine but I got problems when:

1)       If TomCat is started using the file
%CATALINA_HOME%/bin/startup.bat, the TomCat windows keeps open and there
is no reaction when something is typed of such window, is this correct?
2)       What is better, to use %CATALINA%/bin/startup.bat or
%CATALINA_HOME%/bin/startup-using-launcher.bat ?
3)       click on TomCat Documentation, and later click on SetUp, it
complains about status 404, resource not available.
4)       When user tomcat or role1 is used in the Administrator/manager
frames, login looks to work fine but status 403, access to specified
resource si forbidden.
5)       How do I get to the user provisioning?

The ones I am concern at this moment are the 3) and 4) issues.

I appreciate any kind of help.

Marco Villarreal