tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kenneth H. Cox" <tclu...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: How do I listen for threads starting and stopping?
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 17:00:26 GMT
Sorry; I was unclear.  I'm planning to use TclBlend to start one
Tcl interpreter per thread (a Tcl interp cannot jump threads and
so cannot be pooled).  Starting and initializing these interps is
somewhat heavyweight, so my plan was to keep them around until
Tomcat discards the thread or the thread dies of natural causes,
at which point I would like to be notified, so I can free my interp
(and the memory allocated by its native code).

Unless (duh?) a ThreadLocal variable will do this for me.  Yes,
it seems that it will.  Thanks for kicking my brain back into gear.

p.s. Any other Tomcat / TclBlend users out there?  I'm hunting
for a combination of JDK/TclBlend/Tcl/Thread that play together.

Ken