tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: RPM for Tomcat 4.1.24 and JDK 1.4
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 16:30:05 GMT

Don't use the LE version...it's a special purpose distribution.

Also, in my opinion, you're much better off downloading the binary install
of Tomcat, not the RPM.  Download the binary, unpack it, set CATALINA_HOME,
and start it up...its that easy.  All covered in my HOWTO:
http://www.johnturner.com/howto (ignore the parts about installing Apache
and the JK connector and check out the part on installing Tomcat).

John