tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From John Turner <tomcat-u...@johnturner.com>
Subject Re: questions
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 12:23:50 GMT

Some other process is bound to port 8080 on your IP address, most likely 
Tomcat itself.  Are you sure that you aren't trying to start Tomcat twice?  
Tomcat may be running as a service, and already be up.

Also, you can't stop something that never started.

John

On Tue, 20 May 2003 15:56:26 +0800 (SGT), Pan Zheng 
<pan.zheng2k@mmu.edu.my> wrote:

> hi here comes a jsp newbie. i just install the tomcat follow some 
> instruction on web. but when i run the tomcat, it returns some error, can 
> anyone kindly help me on about it? i am using tomcat 4.1 under 
> windows2000 system.
> here i give out the error warning.
>
> ==========
> C:\>C:\j2sdk1.4.0_01\bin\java.exe -jar -Duser.dir="C:\Program 
> Files\Apache Group
> \Tomcat 4.1" "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\bin\bootstrap.jar" 
> start
> May 20, 2003 9:29:43 AM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry loadRegistry
> INFO: Loading registry information
> May 20, 2003 9:29:43 AM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getRegistry
> INFO: Creating new Registry instance
> May 20, 2003 9:29:45 AM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getServer
> INFO: Creating MBeanServer
> May 20, 2003 9:29:47 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
> SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoi
> nt.java:280)
> at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:150)
>
> at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.
> java:1117)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.j
> ava:579)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.jav
> a:2246)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:511)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
> java:39)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
> sorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> Catalina.start: LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization 
> failed: jav
> a.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
> LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed: 
> java.net.BindExcept
> ion: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
> at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.
> java:1119)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.j
> ava:579)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.jav
> a:2246)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:511)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
> java:39)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
> sorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> Catalina.stop: LifecycleException: This server has not yet been started
> LifecycleException: This server has not yet been started
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:2213
> )
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:543)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
> java:39)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
> sorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
>
> ==============
>
>
> and when i wanna stop it, it can not be stopped as well, return error 
> msgs as below
>
>
> ==========================
>
>
> \>C:\j2sdk1.4.0_01\bin\java.exe -jar -Duser.dir="C:\Program Files\Apache 
> Group
> \Tomcat 4.1" "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\bin\bootstrap.jar" 
> stop
>
> Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:295)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:161)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:148)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:425)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:375)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:290)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:118)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:581)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:402)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
> java:39)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
> sorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
>
>
>
> ==========================
>
> can u please gimme some explaination of it. i surf internet about my 
> questinos and i did ask some people in some technical forum, yet not 
> solved this problem.
>
>
> appreciate in advance..



-- 
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message