tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: What is the maximum session handling capability
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 04:35:10 GMT
For sessions, it really depends on what you do with them.  It is very
different if you are storing 1MB of data per-session vs. storing 1KB of data
per session.  For a very crude (and inaccurate, but often times
close-enough-for-government-work :) estimate, divide the max memory in the
JVM by the estimated size of the session variables.  This gives you an upper
limit on the number of session you can support.

<KKolle@gkservices.com> wrote in message
m...

List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>                       r.org>                   cc: