tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Content type problem
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 05:46:52 GMT
I'm guessing that you are using an rd.include(request, response), which
specifically forbids changing things like content-type.

"Reynir Hübner" <reynir@hugsmidjan.is> wrote in message
Hi,
I have a content-type problem...

I have a website where most urls are not with an file ending such as .jsp
that is most urls are something like this  :

http://website.com/news
http://website.com/staff
http://website.com/news/12/05/2003

This is done by urlrewriting with a filter.

The problem I am trying to solve is the fact that the default mime type
seems to be text-plain, and there for all those pages get rendered as text
but not HTML.

I've tried setting response.setContentType("text/html"); in my JSP but that
does not change anything, I also have all the content type tags in the HTML
code, but that does not change anything either.

What can I do (I am about to patch the http connector)....

Reynir Şór Hübner
reynir@hugsmidjan.is