tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: building mod_proxy Apache 1.3
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 05:42:46 GMT
What you are seeing is fine for most people.  It is simply that mod_proxy is
being statically compiled into the httpd executable.  In this case, you
simply skip the "LoadModule" statement, since it is automatically loaded.
If you really want mod_proxy.so, then you must also include
the --enable-shared=proxy in your 'configure' line.

For Apache 1.3.x, the usual reason to do shared modules is to be able to
change their invocation order easily.  In this case you would usually
use --enable-shared=most.