tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Christmann <p...@priorartisans.com>
Subject Re: deploy in 4.1.24
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 22:07:15 GMT
Jacob Kjome wrote:

> All I can say is that you must be mistaken.  I just performed a <deploy>
> with two different apps.  In both cases, the .war files ended up in
> work/Standalone/localhost/manager and the WEB-INF directory from those
> .war files were also extracted to work/Standalone/localhost/[webapp  name].

:(

I just double checked everything on my system.  I did a clean
installation of Tomcat 4.1.24-LE and deployed my applications and still
see the same results: the app ends up unpacked in the
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/[webapp name] folder.  NOTE: the webapp war file
itself does *not* end up in the webapps folder, but I end up with the
named folder beneath it containing the unpacked files.  I do *not* get
the [webapp name] folder underneath work/Standalone/localhost, though
the webapp war does get placed inside work/Standalone/localhost/manager/lib.

The docBase parameter in the server.xml refers to the
TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\[webapp name] location.  I'm guessing that when you
tested, the docBase parameter pointed to the Standalone/localhost location?

I'm stumped.

FWIW, here's the ant task that I use (in case this wasn't clear before
-- I only use ant tasks to invoke the manager, never the manager webapp
itself):

   <target name="deploy-service">
     <taskdef name="deploy"
         classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.DeployTask"
      classpathref="catalina.manager.classpath"/>

     <deploy url="${catalina.webapps.url}/manager"
         username="${catalina.manager.user}"
         password="${catalina.manager.pwd}"
             path="/${deploy.project.name}"
              war="file:${deploy.war}"
     />
   </target>

the properties are pretty self-explanatory:
catalina.webapps.url = http://localhost:8081
catalina.manager.user/pwd are correct.
deploy.project.name is the name of my webapp ("net").
deploy.war is the name of the war to deploy ("/src/net/build/lib/net.war").

The build file (and all properties) worked fine before this upgrade, so
I'm truly at a loss.

--
PC

Paul Christmann