tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: what is causing this error on tomcat startup
Date Sat, 24 May 2003 04:43:17 GMT
It does for me.  However, the only elements that can proceed it in the file
are the optional elements (in order):
icon
display-name
description
distributable

If you have anything else before your <context-param>, then you will
(correctly) see this error on your webapp.  This is a servlet-spec
constraint, and so won't be changed in TC 4.1.x.  In TC 5.0.x (currently
Alpha), the spec allows schemas, so there isn't an ordering problem.

"Glenn Vismanos Prialde" <gprialde@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> yah i seem to have got it its the
> <context-param>
> <param-name>java.naming.factory.initial</param-name>
>
> <param-value>org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory</param-value>
> </context-param>
>
> <context-param>
> <param-name>java.naming.provider.url</param-name>
> <param-value>ejbhost1:1099</param-value>
> </context-param>
>

> thats causing it... does tomcat version 4.1.24 doesn't
> support context params?..
>
> --- Bill Barker <wbarker@wilshire.com> wrote:
> > It looks pretty clear to me ;-).  You've got some
> > element out of order
> > somewhere around line 48 of one of your context's
> > web.xml file.  The logging
> > could be better, but there is usually enough info to
> > figure out which
> > context is the problem.  The exception has helpfully
> > printed out the order
> > that elements must occur for you below.
> >
> > "Glenn Vismanos Prialde" <gprialde@yahoo.com> wrote
> > in message

> > > Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
> > > Apache Tomcat/4.1.24
> > > May 24, 2003 11:50:46 AM
> > > org.apache.commons.digester.Digester error
> > > SEVERE: Parse Error at line 48 column 11: The
> > content
> > > of element type "web-app"
> > > must match
> > >

> "(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filt

er*,filter-mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime
> > -map

ping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,resource-ref*
> > ,sec

urity-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb-local