tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Freezing?
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 05:39:36 GMT
I second Matt's suggestions.  If you are really stumped as to the problem,
try inserting logging statements every few lines in your JSP (if you are not
using a real logging package, such as log4j, Tomcat's default JSPPage class
extends GenericServlet, so you can simply do something like <% log("Getting
DB info"); %>).

"Matt Wiseley" <matt@wiseley.com> wrote in message
Sandra,

If it's only happening with one JSP, and it happens every time it's
requested, it's almost certainly a coding problem. Without looking at the
source code, it's pretty hard to say what's causing it. From my own
experience, I have seen only two coding errors that "hang" Tomcat. The first
is opening database connections from a pool and not closing them. The second
is a page that forwards to itself somehow. Also look for code that creates
an endless loop of some kind, although these usually either run out of
memory, cause an overflow, or time out.

Matt