tomcat-users mailing list archives

From pete.sto...@kisstechnologies.co.uk
Subject Re: Authentication Practices
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 16:38:53 GMT
You can pass authentication using the URL syntax if you want to use basic
authentication - eg link across to the other server with the URL
http://username:password@myhost/myapp/ - this would be one way to solve
it.  Otherwise we have written custom authentication handlers which can
serialise a user's bean on the session and pass that id across to another
server for it to be deserialized.  This is managed using filters instead
of the standard system
Pete

Kiss Technologies

http://www.kisstechnologies.co.uk/