tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johannes Fiala" <tom...@fwd.at>
Subject RE: Upgrade your webapps easily HOW-TO (requires ant/manager app practice)
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 20:48:35 GMT
Hi Yoav,

ad 2.) I now use a DOM object to parse the XML much cleaner.
However, now I've got two functions which should be moved into a Xml
library (getDocumentBuilder() and getAttributeValue()).
Do you know a good place where to move them?
getDocumentBuilder is also used at WebDavServlet, this could be
consolidated as well.

The updated version can be found at the same location as before:
http://www.fwd.at/tomcat/upgrade-webapps-howto.html

ad 3.) thx, but first I have to get TC 5.0.1 build running :(.

thx alot
Johannes

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
01.05.2003 20:35
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Upgrade your webapps easily HOW-TO (requires ant/manager app practice)

Howdy,

>1.) I'm about to integrate the changes into TC 5.0.1, but am unable to
>build it due to a commons-el problem. Should I post build questions for
TC
>5.0.1 here or at the tomcat-dev list?

That specific question I think belongs in tomcat dev as you've been
doing.

>2.) I'm currently reading the whole context.xml-InputStream and use
>.indexOf to find the attribute I need.
>Is there another more elegant approach using an apache-commons library?

Yeah, I saw that code, and it is ugly ;)  You don't want to do a
digest.parse(stream) because that'll trigger digester rules.  You could
just construct a DOM Document quickly using the default XML parser.

>3.) How do I make sure the overrideDocBase-enhancement makes eventually
>its way into TC 5.0.x, so I can rely on them?

Open a bugzilla enhancement request for 5.0.1.  Attach your patch for
5.0.1 to the bugzilla item.

By the way, with regards to your preference of using an
ExtendedHostDeployer rather than patching the StandardHostDeployer: I
like it and agree with it.  I don't think the host deployer is
configurable right now.  We could make it configurable however...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics