tomcat-users mailing list archives

From h...@informatiefabriek.nl
Subject Re: log4j problem
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 12:57:18 GMT
Tim,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm running Jboss 3.0.6 with integrated Tomcat 4.1.x.

I watched the console output from the Jboss - tomcat server. And I don't
see any strange errors or messages when I deploy my web-app.
Also, I'm not using any security managers (not that I'm aware of anyway).

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek
The Netherlands

Tim Funk <funkman@joedog.org>
05/13/2003 02:41 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: log4j problem

While I don't know your solution, I was fiddling with log4j yesterday and
noticed log4j will spew warning messages to standard output when it
encounters problems while reading the log4j.properties.

Standard output might have some hidden gem.

Otherwise - are you running any security managers in java? It might not be

letting you write to /tmp.

-Tim