tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "codedummy" <codedu...@hotmail.com>
Subject servlet and static website with virtual servers (apache2, tomcat 4.x). Problem with index.html
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 10:24:45 GMT
Hello,

I've read a lot about virtual servers and it but haven't any success with the combination
of both servers into one apache/tomcat server.

First I've setup a servlet wich is available under virtual server www.server1.xy/doit
Furthermore I've setup a jkmount for / so that requests to www.server1.xy results in requesting
"doit".

Second I've setup a static webserver which is available under www.server2.xy/index.html
In apache some modules must be used to 'redirect' from server root to /index.html

I want one apache.conf which enables both ways but wasn't successful. Does anybody have a
working
solution? (I don't want index.html javascript redirects for my servlet)

Greetings and Thanks
Peter