tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Kuhn" <bnk...@hotmail.com>
Subject custom errors / j_security_check problems...
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 22:26:16 GMT
Hello all.

I'm currently developing a webapp on tomcat 4.1.18 that required short
session timeouts and form-based authentication.

My problem is that when a user first requests a protected page, tomcat
stores the requested url in a new session and responds with my form-based
login page.  If the user doesn't submit the login form to j_security_check
before the new session expires, tomcat responds with an error message saying
they shouldn't request the login page directly.  This happens (I think)
because tomcat has forgotten the requested url because the session expired.

I'd like to either provide custom error message that makes more sense, or
store the requested url somewhere else (url or hidden field) that won't get
lost.  Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

Thanks.

Brian Kuhn
bnkuhn@hotmail.com