tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luca Ventura" <ventl...@tiscali.it>
Subject How can I install Tomcat in a cluster?
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 08:05:44 GMT
Hello!

In my company we have an IBM Server Netfinity 550 M20 with Windows 2000
Advanced Server operating system, IIS as Web Server and Tomcat 4.1.16 as
Servlet Container (we use the isapi filter to redirect java requests from
IIS to Tomcat). Some days ago we bought an IBM cluster (the operating
systems is the same) with two nodes IBM Xseries 345....so we need the
following information:

1) Given that we have to install in the new cluster all the web sites we
implemented on the old server we need to know if we must copy all the
web pages of the sites on the local disks or on the shared disks of the
cluster...what is the standard procedure?

2) Which steps must I follow to install Tomcat in a cluster? I have seen
that on the local disks of  every node of the cluster there is installed
an instance of IIS: must I do the same thing with Tomcat? Can someone give
me some useful link to configure Tomcat in a cluster
configuration as servlet container (that is to say as plug-in of IIS using
the isapi filter)?

3) Is it possible install all java web applications of Tomcat in a folder
different from \webapps (present under the installation directory of
Tomcat)? I am asking this because if I must install two instances of Tomcat
(on the local disks of every node, like done with IIS) and I want to install
my web applications in the shared disks of  the cluster I must find a way to
do this and I can't install my java applications under \webapps folder in
the common way.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

                               Luca