tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daemeon Reiydelle" <Daemeon.Reiyde...@synopsys.com>
Subject To whom should I direct a fuss about a missing link on the Jakarta-Tomcat site?
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 16:10:06 GMT

To whom should I direct a fuss about a missing link on the Jakarta-Tomcat
site?

It is not possible (as near as I can tell) to find the Win32 binary for
Tomcat 3.3.1a from the html, although it does exist.

If I look for it in the same place one would find the 4.1 binary, I am
unable to find it following the following links.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/index.html -> binaries
(http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi) -> Main Distribution Site ->
Tomcat 3.3.1a -> win32 -> i386
(http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3.1a/bin/win32/i
386/) does not have the jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1a.zip file

If I follow the equivalent links for 4.1, I find the 4.1 equivalent in
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.24/bin/jaka
rta-tomcat-4.1.24.zip.

Although the zip file is in
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3.1a/bin/, that
location does not appear to be available via the html pages & links (I found
it by accident, doing directory listings). It looks to me as though the
links were tweaked a bit for 4.1 so that the win32/i386 directory got
separated from the <release>/bin/ location.

Although 3.3.1a is older, it is still required for the Portal development
environments used by SAP, Baan, and others.

Thanks,

Daemeon