tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Collins, Jim" <jim.coll...@uk.nomura.com>
Subject RE: combining remote address filter and basic authentication
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 10:23:30 GMT
You can put the ip address check in a filter and if this fails force the
user to authenticate by sending this in the response:

	response.setStatus ( HttpServletResponse.SC_UNAUTHORIZED );
      response.setHeader ( "WWW-Authenticate", "Basic realm=\"MyRealm\"");

Regards

Jim.

PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential
and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any
further action in reliance on it and you should delete it and notify the
sender immediately. Email is not a secure method of communication and
Nomura International plc cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy
or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this
email for virus infection, for which Nomura International plc accepts
no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
Nomura International plc. This email is intended for informational
purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell
securities or related financial instruments. Nomura International plc is
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the
London Stock Exchange.